Examples of Matching Length/Pendant Style Necklaces
Need a little visual aid to find your properly measured necklace style? We have a list of necklaces that can show you what we mean!
- Gemstone solitaire- usually hung on a more delicate chain, and most commonly worn on special occasions. The typical chain length, therefore, would be somewhere between 18-36 inches, for maximum exposure.
- Halo pendants- paired with chains that are more durable than most dainty and delicate ones. These necklaces are preferred by women looking for an everyday wear type of necklace, and would match best with 16-24-inch chains.
- Contemporary- includes all newer or more modern pendant styles, such as intertwining circles (halos), religious symbols, stars, or even monograms. Contemporary pendants are usually purchased as everyday or frequently-worn jewelry pieces, and would be best served by chains anywhere from 16-24 inches in length.
- Round cut earrings
- Round brilliant cut Proper Necklace Lengths earrings
- Heart-shaped Proper Necklace Lengths Valentine’s Day/anniversary necklaces
The four main pendant types
Listed below are the four main pendant types. These can be found in just about any size for various necklaces, and sometimes in combination with other pendants.
- Metal Pendant. Metal pendants don’t rely on diamonds or other flashy gemstones. They are intricately crafted from yellow or white gold, as well as other durable and lovely metals, with eye-catching detail and delicate designs that need no extra “bling.” Initials, engraved notes, circles/halos and hearts are common metal pendants on the market.
- Solitaire Diamond Pendant. While the most popular diamond solitaire necklaces usually have either princess or round cut diamonds, you can find solitaire pendants in any diamond cut known to man. The simplicity of the pendants gives them a grace and beauty that needs nothing more than the brilliance of the single diamond to attract attention, and capture the heart of the lucky lady who wears it.
- Pearl/Colored Gemstone Solitaire Pendant. Like the diamond solitaire, this pendant style only has a single gemstone. Everything from rubies, sapphires, and even black and white pearls may be found on these delicate solitaire pendants, and the stone’s cut depends on which is best and most appropriate for accentuating the stone’s facets and brilliance.
- Diamond and Gemstones Pendant. This pendant combines beautiful gemstones with brilliant white or naturally colored diamonds. You can find diamond and gemstone pendant necklaces with either elaborate, brightly shining styles, or with elegant and simple designs. Tri-stone settings are a popular design for these pendants, but no setting or style is impossible.
Other tips to consider regarding necklace length
Take a good look at yourself in the mirror when choosing your necklace length. Jewelry is (almost) all about appearance, and the way it looks on you is crucial to the way you feel about it. After all, you aren’t buying a necklace for yourself that looks amazing on your sister, right?
Your neckline, face shape, and body type affect the way necklaces look on you. For example, if you have a wider neck and a shorter body frame, a choker might look something like a dog or cat collar on you, and wearing it will quickly lose its appeal. Likewise, for the more swanlike necks, longer chains will elongate them more, and both your neck and the necklace placement will appear awkward and misshapen.
Take your outfit into consideration. Do you wear primarily low-cut or V-neck tops, or will you be wearing one for a specific event? Then, you will most likely need a 14-inch collar style necklace chain. Looking for a more general-wear, goes-with-everything style? The 16-inch “choker” or an 18-inch “princess” style is probably better suited for you.
As with any major purchase, when in doubt, don’t hesitate to ask questions, research and try on things!Contact Us